Driving Lessons in Buffalo, NY
When receiving driving lessons at O’Day’s Driving School, we cover best practices and traffic laws, including the following:
- Safety Belt Laws
- Speed Limits
- Signaling and Turning
Basic Traffic Laws
We would like to remind drivers to obey the following basic traffic laws:
- Don’t drink and drive. Don’t drive when you’re taking medication that will affect your driving.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Obey the speed limits. Slow down when road and weather conditions are poor.
- Don’t take risks: don’t cut people off in traffic, make sudden lane changes or run yellow lights.
- Don’t drive when you’re tired, upset or sick.
- If you’re in doubt, let the other driver go first; yield the right-of-way.
- Keep a three-second space between your vehicle and the one ahead. Follow these steps to check your distance: start counting when the vehicle ahead passes a fixed object, stop counting when your vehicle reaches the same spot.
- Cut the distractions. Don’t overcrowd the vehicle or play loud music.
- Always check your blind spot. Look in your mirror and over your shoulder before you change lanes.
- Check traffic in all directions before going into an intersection.
Call us today at 716-835-6700 to register for driving lessons and learn all rules of the road. Don’t forget to wear your seatbelt!